Finis Dake - His Life and MinistryBy Leon Bible
The writings of Finis Jennings Dake have literally circled the world. His books God's Plan for Man and Revelation Expounded have become standard reference works for Bible believers everywhere.
It was Charisma and Christian Life Magazine that called his monumental work Dake's Annotated Reference Bible, "The Pentecostal Study Bible." And yet, while Christians everywhere enjoy his writings, benefiting from his simple and literal approach to the Word of God, little is known about the man himself. That is until now!…
Description: In this factual and moving account of Dake's life story, author Leon Bible walks us through the life of a man whose writings have brought tremendous impact to the church world of our day. You will read of Dake's:
• Desire to be a "cowboy actor" and riding the range.
• Brief stint as a hobo.
• Conversion to Christ.
• Reception of the gift of the Scriptures in his life.
• Bible school days as a student and as a Professor.
• Two week courtship and marriage to his beloved Dorothy lasting over 60 years.
• Affect of Alexander Dowie's ministry on his life.
• Trials and confrontations faced for believing the Word.
• Ability to quote from any chapter and verse in the Bible.
• Founding of Dake Publishing.
• Nickname of "the walking Bible" and why.
• Teaching from his Bible Chart, and so much more.
Table of Contents:• Forward
• Chapter One – Childhood Days
• Chapter Two – I Want To Be A Cowboy
• Chapter Three – Home For A Visit
• Chapter Four – The Bible School Years
• Chapter Five – Her Name Was Dorothy
• Chapter Six – Dake Finds A Wife
• Chapter Seven – From Pastor To College Principle
• Chapter Eight – Controversy At Southwestern
• Chapter Nine – Dake's Teaching On The Pre-Adamite World
• Chapter Ten – Dake's Teaching On The Son's Of God
• Chapter Eleven – The Battle Rages At Southwestern
• Chapter Twelve – Zion
• Chapter Thirteen – John Alexander Dowie And The City He Built
• Chapter Fourteen – Dake Pastoring In Zion
• Chapter Fifteen – Dorothy Dake Is Quite A Preacher
• Chapter Sixteen – Dake Builds Another Bible School
• Chapter Seventeen – Shiloh Bible Institute
• Chapter Eighteen – The Shiloh Scroll
• Chapter Nineteen – The Halls Remember Dake
• Chapter Twenty – Lester Sumrall Remembers Dake
• Chapter Twenty One – Crisis In Zion
• Chapter Twenty Two – The Baptism In The Holy Spirit
• Chapter Twenty Three – Dake Leaves Zion
• Chapter Twenty Four – St. Paul and Bristol
• Chapter Twenty Five – Church of God Preacher
• Chapter Twenty Six – Atlanta
• Chapter Twenty Seven – God's Plan for Man
• Chapter Twenty Eight – Dake On The Radio Again
• Chapter Twenty Nine – New Testament Church
• Chapter Thirty – Dake And His Bible Notes
• Chapter Thirty One – Dake Bible Sales
• Chapter Thirty Two – The Accident
• Chapter Thirty Three – The Seventy's
• Chapter Thirty Four – The Man Of The Word Goes Home
• Chapter Thirty Five – Conclusion
• Chapter Thirty Six – A Lasting Memorial
• Appendix One – Graduation Sermon
• Appendix Two – Genealogies
• Appendix Three – Dake's Testimony
• Appendix Four – Women Preachers
• Appendix Five – Religious Emotionalism
• Appendix Six – The Potter's Masterpiece
• Appendix Seven – Like A Rose
• Appendix Eight – Dake and Doctrine
• Appendix Nine – The Trinity
• Appendix Ten – Tri-Theism
• Appendix Eleven – The Mormon Doctrine of God
• Appendix Twelve – Personal Recollections
About The Author:
Leon Bible attended Trinity College of the Bible and is a graduate of Erskine Theological Seminary. He serves as Pastor of Gospel Tabernacle, a thriving interracial and interdenominational church in South Carolina.
He ministers as a Bible teacher, Author, Historical Researcher, and a Dake scholar – well qualified to write the life story of Finis J. Dake. He is the author of Finis J Dake's Annotated Bibliography: The Sources Used in His Collective Writings; Bible Basics for Spirit-filled Believers; and the popular series: Tithe and Offering Scriptures.
He has also contributed to God's Plan for Man and The Dake Annotated Reference Bible, both published by Dake Publishing.
• ISBN: 1558291563
• Publisher: Dake Publishing
• Date: 2006
• Binding: Hardback
• Pages: 441
• Color: Full Color